Ymail sign up is the other term for Yahoo mail account registration, whereon you can get access to Yahoo’s massive online services. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that it is no longer available to sign up for a @ymail.com email address. Yahoo has made it mainstream by only making @yahoo.com the domain available to sign up for a new account with. Nonetheless, the @ymail.com email address (created when the option was available) and the @yahoo.com email address are no different other than their names.
We will go through the procedure for creating a new Yahoo account in step-by-step fashion. One of the prerequisites here is a phone number, just to keep you in the safe side if ever you are locked out of your account.
Ymail sign up procedure:
- First, go to ymail.com in your web browser of your preference.
- Alternatively, visit the Yahoo homepage at yahoo.com and click on Sign in button on the top-right corner of the page.
- On the login page, click on the blue Sign up link (on the bottom-right corner).
This will take you to the “Ymail sign up page”.
- Then, simply fill in the required personal details, begin with your Name (first and last) in the two fields.
- You can use the image below as reference.
- The username you choose followed by ‘@yahoo.com’ (@ymail.com is no longer available) will be your email address. e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll receive automated feedback on the availability of the username you choose.
- Also, available alternative is displayed if it is already taken.
- After that, create a password for your username.
- Next, choose your Country code and enter your Mobile phone number.
- This number will be required for Yahoo account recovery procedure, if necessary.
- Then, choose your Birthday and Gender.
- Then, click on the Continue button when you are sure you have entered all your information correctly.
- In the next page, check and confirm your mobile number, and click on Text me a code button, or Call me with a code link.
- You’ll receive a text/call immediately with a verification code.
- Enter the 4 digit verification code you receive in your mobile number. Then, click Verify button.
- If you did not receive the code, use the Re-send link to get a new code, or use the Call me with a code option.
- Congratulations! you’ve successfully completed the Ymail sign up procedure. Click on Let’s get started button and you’ll be directed to your Yahoo Inbox immediately.
- You can start using the Yahoo services, you can access your email account, update your public profile, browse a personalized collection of headlines and information of the web and pretty much everything that Yahoo allows. You’ll just need to explore.