Yahoo sign up is a simple procedure to create a new Yahoo account. It may seem lengthy as in the procedure below, but believe me, it is not. We have tried to explain each step for your ease of understanding.
One thing you should know is that Yahoo email addresses with @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com are no longer available to sign up with; @yahoo.com is the only available option for you to create an account. Nonetheless, all the three email addresses have identical features.
How to perform Yahoo sign up?
- Or, open a new tab (Ctrl+N) in this browser.
Step 2: Enter any one of the web addresses below. Either of these web addresses will take you to the Yahoo login page.
Step 3: In the page that opens, click on the blue “Sign up“ link at the bottom to begin the Yahoo sign up process.
Step 4: In the Yahoo ‘Sign up’ page, you’ll need to enter the required information.
Begin with entering your First and Last Names.
Step 5: Next, enter a username for your Yahoo account.
- Your username can be any set of letters (lowercase), numbers, periods, and other symbols.
- You’ll also get username suggestions based on your First and Last names.
- Use one of the suggestions if you like.
- The usename followed by @yahoo.com will be your Yahoo email ID.
Step 6: After that, create a Password for your Yahoo username.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Using a combination of uppercase and lower case letters, numbers, symbols and periods will make your password strong.
- The strength of your password will be displayed immediately.
- Use Show option to the right of the password box to view the characters you have entered.
Step 7: Then, choose your Country code followed by your Mobile number.
- If you forget your password or username, Yahoo can send information to this number to help.
Step 8: Enter your Birthdate and Gender next as appropriate.
Step 9: Then, click on Continue button to complete the Yahoo sign up process.
- By clicking this button you are also agreeing to the Yahoo Terms and Privacy policies.
Step 10: Then, click on Text me a code to receive a verification code to your mobile phone.
- If you’d rather want to get code via call, click on the Call me with a code link.
Step 11: Type in the code that you receive in your Mobile and click Verify.
- If you did not receive the code, click on Re-send link above the “Verify” button.
Step 12: Once the code is submitted, click on Let’s get started button to begin using Yahoo!
You may need to sign in using your newly created Yahoo username and password.