Sometimes you may feel like you need to change your Yahoo password for one reason or the other. You might have given your Yahoo account password to somebody, and no longer want them to have access to your account, or for any other reasons, or with no reasons at all. Whatever the reason is, it is very easy to Yahoo mail change password, and should not take more than 10 minutes of your time.
In case you have forgotten your Yahoo password, you’ll need to follow a different procedure to regain access to your Yahoo account. In this case, you’ll need the mobile or optional recovery email you have entered while signing up.
This article, however, will be focused on Yahoo mail change password. This procedure also works for Ymail, Rocketmail and country based Yahoo account. The steps below will help you change your Yahoo password.
Yahoo Mail Change Password procedure:
- Go to Yahoo Mail login page from your web browser.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account if you have not already done so. Make sure you sign in to the account of which you want to change the password.
- Once you are in your Yahoo Mail box, hover your mouse over your Username/image at the top-right corner of the page, and in the pop-up menu click on the Account Info link.
- Click on the Account Security option on the left column.
- Enter your Yahoo Password and click Sign In if prompted. Else, skip this step.
- Click on Change password option for Yahoo mail change password in the “Account security” page.
A new page will open where you can create a new password for your Yahoo account.
- Enter a new password in the first field, and re-enter the same characters in the second field to confirm it. It is recommended that your password between 8 and 30 characters long, and includes uppercase and lower case letter(s), number(s) and symbol(s).
- You can select “show password” option to check the characters, which otherwise will appear as asterisks (*).
- Once you are sure about your new Yahoo mail password, click the Continue button to save changes.
If you change your mind to Yahoo mail change password, click on the Cancel link and your password won’t be changed.
- After you click Continue, you can only sign in to your Yahoo account with your new password.