Yahoo maps is a free online mapping portal service provided by Yahoo! and can be accessed via a computer or laptop. Yahoo Maps allows to access and view a variety of contents which includes photographic images, maps and terrain data, business listings, traffic, and other related information provided by Yahoo as well as the data stored by the users and licensors.
Yahoo maps also provides driving directions on a map with optional turn-by-turn maps which can also be printed.
Steps to access Yahoo maps on Computer:
- First, open any internet browser, such as Google Chrome.
- Enter https://maps.yahoo.com/ in the address bar. This will take you to your current location in maps.
- In the search box, enter the name of the place to generate its map and click on Search Maps
- You can zoom in and zoom out of the map of your interest. Scroll up to zoom in and scroll down to zoom out while the mouse pointer is in the map. Or, you can click on “+” or “-“ button on top right of the map to zoom in or zoom out respectively.
- You can click and drag the map to explore additional location.
- You can also print or share the map with the help of button in bottom left corner of the map.
Steps to use Yahoo maps for direction on computer:
- Access Yahoo Maps on your computer or device, as described in the procedure above.
- At top-left part of the map there is a button that says “directions”.
- At “A” location enter starting point from where you want the direction.
- At “B” location enter the final point for which you want the driving direction to.
- Then press “Get direction”. This will show you driving direction on the map. You can also choose the type of direction that includes driving direction, public direction or pedestrian direction.
- Click on “Clear All” to remove temporary locations and repeat the process if another direction to be accessed.