Ymail once was an email extension provided by Yahoo. Signing up for a @ymail.com email is no longer available. However, if you, in the “Ymail era”, had create a @ymail.com account, you can still use it like any other Yahoo account. This article describes the procedure for Ymail create account, which, now, is basically Yahoo mail sign up.
Steps for Ymail create account:
Enter of the web-address will take you to the Yahoo login page.
Step 2: There’s a Sign up link (in blue, of course) at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Click on it to go to Yahoo sign up page.
Step 3: You’ll just need to fill up the online form with required information to create Yahoo email account. Here’s how:
- Enter your First and Last names in the first two fields.
- Choose a username for your Yahoo account. The username followed by ‘@yahoo.com’, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, will be your email address.
- You can only use lowercase letters, numbers, a period and an underscore for your username.
- @ymail.com emails are no longer available to sign up with.
- Create a strong password for your account. Your password must include:
- more than 8 characters
- at least 1 uppercase letter
- at least 1 number or symbol
- Choose your Country code and enter your mobile phone number in the space provided.
- This number will be required to recover your account in case you forget your email ID or password.
- So, make sure you enter the number you plan on keeping for a long time.
- If you plan on changing your primary number, make sure you add your number to your Yahoo account.
- Enter your Birthdate as appropriate.
- Select your Gender.
- Optional recovery number is any secondary mobile phone that you can use, may be your parent’s or your spouse’s.
- This number might come in handy in case you cannot receive verification information to your primary mobile phone.
Step 4: Click on the Create account button to complete Ymail create account procedure.
Step 5: If prompted, enter the Captcha code to verify that you are not a robot.
This is required to confirm that no automated programs are messing with the Yahoo server.
Step 6: Confirm your mobile phone and click on Send SMS button.
You’ll soon receive a verification code to your mobile phone.
Step 7: Enter the verification code into the field provided, and click on Submit code button to verify your phone.
Congratulations! you have successfully created a new Ymail account.