Ymail mail is a web-based email portal. This means that your emails will be stored in the Internet (or in the cloud as they say now), rather than in your computer. This has the advantage that the emails can be accessed from anywhere without having to have your computer with you. With the web-based email service such as Ymail mail, you can easily check and send emails from multiple devices.
If you don’t have an email account, you can easily create one in Yahoo for free. Check out the procedure to create Ymail account if you need any help. However, Yahoo no longer offers @ymail.com email addresses. You can either create a standard @yahoo.com or a country based (e.g. @yahoo.co.uk) emails.
This article will guide you through the step-by-step procedure to use your Ymail mail account.
To check your Ymail mail:
- Go to ymail.com, mail.yahoo.com, or yahoomail.com from a new tab in this browser, or a new browser window.
- If you are not already signed in to your Ymail account, all of these links will take you to the Yahoo mail Login page.
- In case you (or some other account) is signed in, perform sign out, and then use the links above to go the Yahoo mail login page.
Alternatively, you can use different web browser or incognito mode of this browser.
- In the login box to the right of your screen, enter your Ymail mail address in the first field.
- Click to remove the check icon from “Keep me signed in” option if you are on a shared device.
- Only select the option when you are on a personal device.
- Click on Next button to proceed.
- In the second page, enter corresponding password for your Ymail account.
- Finally, click on the “Sign In” button to proceed to your Ymail mail.
In case you encounter error or have trouble logging in to your Ymail mail:
Incorrect email-password combination will get you to the same login page with an error message. Make sure you enter your email and corresponding password correctly. As passwords are case-sensitive, make sure the Caps Lock is disabled before you enter your password.
If you don’t remember your password use the Need help? link in the Yahoo mail login page, r Forgot password? in the password page, and follow the instructions to regain access to your account. If you have problems remembering passwords, you can use a password management service such as LastPass
To securely log out of your Ymail mail:
Logging out ensures that your account is safe. It is highly recommended that you perform sign out manually if you are on a shared device, especially if the “Keep me signed in” option was left checked while logging in to Ymail mail. To sign out: