Yahoo mail sign out is a routine procedure to sign off from your Yahoo account just so as to prevent any unwanted access to your account. Whether you have signed in to your Yahoo mail, Yahoo Messenger, or any other Yahoo service, you’ll probably want to terminate the login by signing out, especially when you are not on a personal device.
One way to avoid the trouble to sign out is to use the “Incognito mode” offered by most web browsers. Using the incognito mode your history will not be stored, nor will your login credentials, even if you select “Save Password” option.
Yahoo Mail sign out for Yahoo mail webpage:
In most web browsers, you’ll be automatically signed out once you close the browser, unless you have checked the ‘Stay signed in’ option. If you did not uncheck the ‘Stay signed in’ option, you can manually sign out as described below.
- In your Yahoo Inbox webpage, you’ll find your name (or the username that you have chosen for your Yahoo account) with an avatar or image at the top-right corner. Hover you mouse over it.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Sign out
Yahoo Mail sign out from Yahoo mobile login:
For the mobile version of Yahoo in your mobile web browser both in Android and iOS:
- Click on the Menu icon at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Tap on your Name/email address.
- In the drop-down menu, select Sign Out option.
Yahoo Mail sign out from Yahoo Mail app:
- In the app tap on the Menu/Inbox icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Select Manage accounts.
- Tap on the user image (or scroll left/right) of the respective email address to sign out from.
- Tap on Sign out option at the bottom of your screen.
- And, in the “Remove?” dialogue box that opens, tap on Continue button to remove your account, and you’ll have completed Yahoo mail sign out.