There are times when you think you should change your login password, not just for the sake of account security, but also for self-assurance that no one, other than yourself, uses your account. This article is specifically on how to change Yahoo password. Please note that you’ll need your current Yahoo password to be able to get a new one. If you do not know your current password, visit Forgot Yahoo Password to recover your account.
Steps on how to change Yahoo password:
- First, you’ll need to login to your Yahoo account with your current password to be able to change it.
- Now, in your Yahoo Inbox page, hover your mouse over to the username/image or click on the gear icon at the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the Account info link.
- Click on the Account security option on the left column in your screen.
- If prompted, re-enter your current password into the space provided and click on the Next button.
Click on Looks good button if the security details (displayed recovery email and/or phone numbers are correct).
- Now, click on the Change password link.
- Finally, enter a new password into the “New password” field. And, re-enter the exact same password into the second field.Click on the Show password option to view the characters you have entered.
- Click on Continue button to save t
Congratulations!! you have successfully changed your Yahoo password. Your older password will not work for signing in to your Yahoo account; you’ll need to use your new password to access your account.