Yahoo passwords are a series of characters that enables us to access our Yahoo account. It helps to ensure that unauthorized users can’t access your account. Yahoo password reset is normally done when one of the two cases arise. The first one is, you already know your current password and you want to reset it due to some reasons. The second case is, you don’t know current password or (you have forgotten it) and you need to have access to your account via alternative method such as answer security questions, a mobile phone or another email. Yahoo verifies your identity and allows you to set a new password but it doesn’t provide you options to retrieve it.
In this article we have explained the procedure for Yahoo password reset for both cases in detail.
Steps to Yahoo Password Reset:
- For Yahoo password reset, a computer with an internet access is mandatory. So make sure if your computer has an internet access.
- Open a web browser available in your computer. Then visit “www.yahoo.com” for Yahoo password reset.
- Click on the “Sign in” button on the top right corner of the page.
Then, follow one of the procedures below as per your requirement:
If you know your current password:
- In the Yahoo mail login page, type your Yahoo Id and Password in the respective empty fields, and again click on ”Sign In” button.
- In the Yahoo Inbox, click on “Account info” button under the “Help” icon.
- Then, select “Account security” and click on “Change password”.
- Now, enter your new password twice on the two different boxes specified.
- Finally, click on “Continue” button to save changes.
This completes your Yahoo password reset if you already know your current password.
When you don’t know your current password:
- In the Yahoo mail sign in page, click on “Can’t access your account” link below the “Sign In” button.
- Type your Yahoo email address and press enter or click on “Submit” button.
- In the following page, a phone number will be partially displayed. If you can receive text message on that phone, click on “Yes, text me” button. Yahoo will then send a verification code to your mobile via text message in order to be sure that you are the owner of the account.
- Enter the verification code to the specified box and then click on “Submit ” button.
- You are now signed in to your account. Click on “Create new password” button for Yahoo password reset.
- Type a new password on the specified box, and re-enter your new password in the second field in order to confirm your new Yahoo password.
- Then, click “Continue” to save changes.
- You have now completed your Yahoo password reset. And, now you can access to your account anytime by using this new password.