Yahoo password is meant to keep the outsiders out of your Yahoo account. The more complex password you create, the safer your account will be. However, sometimes you can forget your password yourself. And, forgot Yahoo password is also not uncommon. Therefore, there are ways to recover your Yahoo account.
Since you are here to recover your password, we assume that you know your Yahoo email address. Moreover, you’ll need to have access to your mobile phone, or “Optional recovery number” you have entered while signing up for your Yahoo account. Or, you should have linked an alternate email address to your Yahoo account.
Forgot Yahoo password recovery can be done from a computer or your mobile device. But it is easier and quicker from a computer.
How to recover forgot Yahoo password:
- Open a web browser, or a new tab in this browser, and go to ymail.com
- In the page that opens, enter the Yahoo email address, the password of which you have forgotten.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, click on ‘Forgot password?‘ link found right below the “Sign in” button.
- In the following page, confirm your email address and click on Continue button.
- You may need to enter the CAPTCHA code in the image to avoid unauthorized access. Then, click on Submit button.
- There are two ways to recover access to your Yahoo account depending upon the information you have entered while signing up for the account.
- Your mobile number: a reset code will be sent to your mobile number.
- Your recovery email: a recovery mail will be sent to the recovery email address.
i. For mobile number option:
Mobile recovery will be the primary option. However, the number associated with your Yahoo account should be accessible to you.
- Enter the missing digits to verify that this is your phone number, and click Submit button.
- Note: each asterisk (*) denote one digit of your mobile number.
- You are required to enter 2 digits of your phone number preceding the last two digits.
- If you don’t know the digits, use the No, I don’t know the digits button.
- Click on the Yes, text me a code.
- Type in the reset code in the space provided, and click Verify button.
- Click on Create a new password button to get a new password for your Yahoo account.
- Now, enter a new password in the two empty fields.
- Click on Continue button to save changes.
- Finally, click Continue button again to proceed to your Yahoo account.
- You can now access your Yahoo account with the new password.
ii. For recovery email option:
If you have selected any of these buttons: No, I don’t know the digits, or I don’t have access to this phone, recovery email option will prompt, given that you had linked an alternate email to your Yahoo account.
If you don’t have access to this email, or if you haven’t added an alternate email to your Yahoo account, there’s pretty much nothing you can do to recover your account.
- Click on Yes, send me a code button.
- Go to the recovery email inbox, and open the mail received from Yahoo.
- Click the link in the mail and you’ll be directed to the password reset window. Now, jump to step 12.