When you are going on a vacation and/or when there is no one to handle the emails that you receive, setting up a out of office email reply is a good way not to estrange the senders. You can activate the auto email response with your custom message for a certain period of time you will not be able to go through your emails.
This article will guide you through the procedure to activate the our of office email auto response. If you get stuck at any point, or if you have any query, please feel free to write to us in the comment section below. Or, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to set up out of office email reply:
- First, you’ll need to login to your Yahoo mail account.
- Go to www.yahoomail.com
- Enter your Yahoo email address into the space provided and click on the Next button.
- Type in your password and click on the Sign in button.
- In your Yahoo Inbox page, hover your mouse over to the gear icon at the top-right corner of your screen, and click on Settings.
- In the “Settings” box, click on the Vacation Response option on the left column.
- To activate the Holiday response click on the Enable automatic responses during these dates (inclusive) check box.
- Select the date From and Until (both inclusive) which you’d want the out of office email reply remain activated.
- Now, enter the response you’d like for the automated email.
- (Optional) If you’d like to send a different response to emails from specific domain:
- Click on the Different response to emails from a specific domain check box.
- Enter the domain names.
For instance, if you’d want to reply to emails from students at Harvard, enter the domain www.harvard.edu
- Type in your autoresponder message into the following text box.
- Finally, click on the Save button to save your changes and you are good to go with the out of office email reply.
Happy holidays!! 🙂