*depending on your internet connection
Yahoo is one of the first names that popped in your mind when you thought about creating an email account, I know, been there, done that. It was either Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail for me too though there are several other webmail service providers as well such as Mail, or AOL and others.
With every email account you’ll get free 1TB cloud storage space, powerful spam and security features, and so forth.
In this article we’ll be discussing on the step-by-step procedure to create Yahoo Mail account. If you get stuck in any step, feel free to write to us in the comment section below.
Steps to create Yahoo Mail account:
- First, use any of your web browser, or open a new tab in this browser and go to Yahoo! homepage using the link yahoo.com.
- In the Yahoo! homepage, click on the “Sign In” or “Mail“ link at the top right corner.
- This will take you to the Yahoo mail login page.
- At the bottom right part of your screen, click on the “Sign up” link and you’ll be directed to the “Yahoo Sign Up” page, which is basically an online form.
- You’ll need to fill up the form with required personal details to create Yahoo mail account. Start by entering your First and Last names in the first two fields.
- In the empty field below, with ‘@yahoo.com’ on the right, choose your username.
- Your username typically includes any combination of lowercase letters, numbers, periods and underscore symbol.
- If the username you have selected is not available, try improvising by adding numbers to it.
- @yahoo.com is the only available extension to sign up with.
- @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com emails are no longer available to sign up with.
- Then, set a password for your account to limit access to the account.
- Your password must be between 8 and 30 characters long and include a combination of letters (both uppercase and lowercase) numbers and symbols.
- After that enter your mobile number, Date of Birth and Gender the the respective fields below the password field.
- Finally, click on “Continue” button at the bottom of the page to create Yahoo mail account.
- By clicking the button you agree to the Yahoo’s terms and conditions.
- If prompted, type in the CAPTCHA verification code, and click Submit Code button.
- Click on Text me a code button to receive a mobile verification code to your phone.
- Enter the verification code you receive and click on Verify button to verify your mobile number.
- Finally click on Let’s get started button and you are done with the sign up procedure.