Ymail, short for Yahoo Mail, is an alternate domain, or ending, for a Yahoo email address. Yahoo introduced the @ymail.com email address in June 2008. However, this option has been discontinued. Nevertheless, you can still, and always, sign up for @yahoo.com email addresses for free, and get all the free benefits as you’d get for @ymail.com emails. Therefore, to create Ymail account, is to create a Yahoo Mail account, which will be described in detail in this article.
If you already have a Ymail email account, here’s the easy procedure for Ymail login.
Steps to create Ymail account:
- Open a new tab (Ctrl/Command + T) in this browser, or a different browser.
- Go to ymail.com
- Click on the Sign up link at the bottom of the Yahoo mail login page.
You’ll be directed to the Yahoo Sign up page immediately.
- You’ll need to fill up the online form to create Ymail account.
- Enter your First and Last Names in the first two fields.
- Choose a username for your Yahoo account.
- The username followed by ‘@yahoo.com‘ will be your Yahoo email address.
- e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then, create a strong password to protect your account.
A strong password has:
- at least 8 characters,
- at least 1 uppercase letter, and
- at least 1 number and/or symbol.
- After that, select your Country code and enter your mobile phone number.
- Next, select the month, day and year of your birthdate.
- It is now optional to specify your Gender. You can either choose one, or select none.
- Finally, click on Continue button to complete the procedure to create Ymail account.
- Now, you’ll need to verify your mobile phone.
- Check and confirm your phone number.
- Click on Text me a code.
- A “verification code” will be sent to your mobile immediately.
- Alternatively, you can click on Call me with a code link.
- Next, enter the verification code in to the space provided.
- Finally, click on the Verify button.
- Congratulations! you have successfully completed Ymail sign up procedure.
Click on Let’s get started button and you’ll be transferred to your Yahoo Inbox page.
If you want to create a Gmail or iCloud account and wondering how to, do check our step-by-step guide to