Some people may like things the old way. I, personally, prefer the Basic version of Yahoo mail since it is faster and, pretty much, has all the functionality that i require. However, Yahoo is set to the latest version for all by default. Nevertheless, you can switch to the Yahoo mail basic version from the Yahoo settings. This article will walk you through how to change Yahoo email to classic or the basic mode step-by-step.
Please keep in mind that to be able to change Yahoo to classic mode, you’ll need to have access to your Yahoo account. If you cannot login to your account, you can use our guide to recover Yahoo account. If you get stuck at any step below, or if you have any query or comment, you can let us know by posting a comment below, or emailing us directly at email@example.com
How to change Yahoo email to classic:
- First, you’ll need to login to your Yahoo mail account. You know the drill.
- Now, once you are on your Yahoo Inbox page, hover your mouse over the Gear icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Settings option.
- In the Yahoo “Settings” window, under “Viewing email” option, scroll down and you’ll find Full featured option selected by default.
To change Yahoo email to classic, click on the Basic option.
- Then, click on Save button to save your changes.
- This will automatically refresh the page. If the page doesn’t refresh by itself, do so manually.
- Your Yahoo Inbox will be switched to the “Yahoo Classic” mode.
To switch back to “Advanced” Yahoo Mail:
- In your Yahoo Inbox page, which is set to Yahoo classic mode, click on the Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail link in the top-right corner in your Yahoo inbox page.
- Clear your Browser cache.
- Then, restart the browser and go to your Yahoo mail again.