Yahoo is one of the oldest names in the web world. It is an American multinational company that launched a free email service portal, known as Yahoo mail, in 1997. With more than 800 million monthly active users, it is one of the world’s largest web based email service. Users can sign in to Yahoo to enjoy all of the services offered by Yahoo. And, people new to Yahoo can create a new account for free.
Procedure to sign in to Yahoo account:
- This will take you to the Yahoo sign in page.
Step 2: In the Yahoo sign in page, on the right hand side of the screen, enter your Yahoo ID (your Yahoo email address) in the first field.
- Entering the ‘@yahoo.com’ extension is not necessary (e.g. example.username42) unless you have a Ymail, Rocketmail or country based email addresses.
Step 3: Uncheck the Stay signed in option if you are on a shared device because leaving the option checked will not log you out, even if you close the browser, unless you sign out manually.
Step 4: Click on Next button to continue to next page.
- If the Yahoo email you have entered is correct, you’ll be directed to next page.
- Invalid email will land you on the same “email” page.
- Use the Need help? link if you have problems with logging in.
Step 6: Finally, complete the sign in to Yahoo by clicking Sign In button.
- Correct password for your email will get you to your Yahoo Inbox page.
- If the login fails, try Yahoo sign in again by entering your Yahoo ID and password carefully. Keep in mind that your Password is case sensitive.
- If you keep landing on the same Yahoo sign in page with error message, use the Forgot password? link to regain access to your account.
To create a new Yahoo account:
If you don’t have a Yahoo account, you can always create one for free from the Yahoo mail login screen. Follow these simple procedure to create a Yahoo! account for yourself:
Step 3: Choose a Username for your Yahoo account. Username is your Yahoo email address. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Then, create a strong Password to keep your account safe.
- Your password should be between 8 and 30 characters long.
- It is recommended that your password contains lower and uppercase letter(s), symbol(s) and number(s).
Step 5: You can add an Optional recovery number which will ease your account recovery process if you happen to forget your password.
Step 6: Finally, click the Create Account button.
Step 7: Then, you can use the new account to sign in to Yahoo.