Hey there, if you are thinking to create a Ymail account and confused how to, you have clicked on the right page. Here we are to guide you step-by-step in the easiest possible way to create a Ymail account.
However, there’s one thing you need to know. You can no longer create a Yahoo account with @ymail.com extension. Since you want to create a Ymail account which means a Yahoo mail account, you can still do so with other extensions of Yahoo available like @yahoo.com or a country specific email address like @yahoo.co.uk.
Go through these steps to create a Ymail account, and if you get stuck at any step, please feel free to write to us in the comment box below.
Simple Steps to create a Ymail account:
Step 1: Open a web browser or a new tab in this browser.
Any of these URLs will take you to the Yahoo mail Sign in Page.
You’ll be directed to the Yahoo mail Sign Up page. This is the page where you have to fill in the form to be able to create a Ymail account.
Step 5: Enter a Yahoo username that you’d like to use as your new Ymail account. If the username you’ve chosen is not available, you can improvise by adding numbers to it.
- As mentioned above, you can use a standard @yahoo.com extension or a country specific extension for your new Yahoo email address.
- To create a country-specific email address, click on the Language (Country) menu at the top and from the drop down menu, choose your Language (Country).
Step 6: Then, enter a password in the next field. You can click on “Show password” button to make sure you are typing your password correctly.
There are few things you need to keep in mind while creating a password as it ensures your account security.
- Your password should be easy to remember, hard to guess.
- Don’t ever use your username as your password.
- Your password should be at least 8 characters long and you can include numbers, symbols to make your password strong.
Step 7: Here comes a very important step to create a Ymail account. You need to enter your mobile phone number which will come hand to recover your Ymail account information in case you forget your Yahoo login credentials or to verify your account.
- Select your country besides the “Mobile number” box and your country code will be automatically selected.
Step 8: Select your Birthday and Gender.
Step 9: You can also enter optional recovery number for times when you don’t have your phone with you. However, this step is optional.
Step 10: Finally, click on the “Create account” button to proceed.
Step 12 : Next, check your number and click on “Send SMS” button. Yahoo will send you a text message to your mobile phone with a verification code.
Step 13: Enter the verification code in the space provided and click on “Submit code” button.
Congratulations! you have successfully completed Ymail sign up procedure. Enjoy your account! 🙂