Sometimes, you may feel that your Yahoo account is not safe, that someone might know your password. Or, you may just be too cautious about others knowing your account credentials. In such cases, you’d want to change Yahoo mail password. This is an inbuilt option in Yahoo. However, you’ll need to have access to your account with your current password to change it. If you don’t know your current password, try the “How to recover Yahoo mail forgot password” post in our site.
All the steps below are in a sequence. If you get stuck at any point, please let us know. We’ll try to get back to you as quickly as possible. You can post a comment below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to change Yahoo mail password:
- To change Yahoo mail password, first you need to login to your Yahoo mail account using your current password.
- Now, click on the Gear icon or hover your mouse over to your Name at the top-right corner of the Yahoo Inbox screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the Account info option.
- If prompted, enter your current Yahoo password. Else, skip this step.
- Select the Account Security option in the left column.
- Then, click on the Change password link.
- Now, enter a new password in the provided fields.
- It is recommended that you use at least one number and/or symbol along with letters in your password.
- Make sure you enter the exact same characters in both the fields.
- To view the password you have entered, use the show password check-option.
- Then, change on Continue button to save the changes.
Congratulations! you have successfully change Yahoo mail password.