Yahoo two step verification is an extra layer of security for your Yahoo account. It is named two-step verification because the first step is your usual Yahoo mail login password, and the second step is the mobile phone that you’ll require to complete the sign in procedure. This means, even if someone has your Yahoo password, they cannot login to your account without access to your mobile phone.
This article will guide you through the procedure to enable the two-step authentication in detailed steps. And, how you can sign in to your Yahoo account afterwards. If you get stuck at any point, please feel free to write to us in the comment section below.
How to turn on Yahoo two step verification:
- To be able to enable the Yahoo two step verification, you’ll need to login to your Yahoo account first.
- Go to ymail.com using a new tab in your browser.
- Enter your Yahoo mail ID into the space provided.
- Click Next button.
- Enter your Yahoo account password.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Once you are logged in to your Yahoo account, hover your mouse over to your Username/avatar at the top-right corner. Then, in the drop-down menu, click on the Account info option.
- To the left, you’ll find Account Security option. Click on it.
- Now, once you are in Account security tab, click on the slide button on the right to the “Two-step verification” option to enable it.
- Then, select your Country (code) and enter your mobile phone number.
- Click on Send SMS button, and you’ll receive a verification code in a text message to the mobile you have entered.
Alternatively, you can use the Call me option instead in which you’ll receive an automated call that will tell you your verification code.
- Enter the verification code (not the one in the image) in to the input box and click on Verify button.You have successfully enabled Yahoo two step verification service.
Now, for every new device that you sign in to, you’ll get a verification code to your mobile phone to complete the procedure. Here’re the steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account as you normally would.
- Then, choose the mobile phone number you have used while enabling the Yahoo two step verification.
- Enter the verification code you receive in your mobile phone, and click on Continue button.
Then, you are good to go.