Yahoo! mail is one of the most popular web portal services provided by Yahoo Inc., an American multinational company with billions of users worldwide. Besides its web portal services, Yahoo is globally known for its number of other services such as Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups and so on. You’ll need a Yahoo mail account to get access to most of these Yahoo services and in case you don’t have one, you can always sign up for Yahoo mail for free. Yahoo mail sign up is really easy and can be done in few minutes. Follow the simple steps described below to sign up for Yahoo.
Steps for Yahoo mail sign up:
Step 2: In the yahoo login page that will open, click on the blue “Sign up“ link in the bottom right side of the page, as shown in the image below.
- Start by entering your First and Last Name in the provided boxes.
- Then, in the field below, enter a Yahoo username that you’d like to use as your Yahoo mailing address.
- Your Yahoo ID can include letters (all lowercase), numbers and symbols. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfortunately, @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com email are no longer available to sign up with.
- And, since Yahoo has millions of users globally, the username you want might have been already taken, and in that case, you can use a suggested username or modify your username with numbers and symbols.
- After that, enter password for the Yahoo ID. Your password should be strong enough to ensure your account security.
- In order to create a strong password, it is recommended to include uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
- The password you choose must be 8 to 30 characters long.
- A color indicator line below the password field with the required description will show the strength of your password.
- Red indicates weak password and Blue color indicates strong password.
- If it displays red, make your password longer.
- In the next step, select your Country Code enter your mobile number in the given input field.
- Select your Birthday– Month, Day, and Year.
- Then, select your Gender.
Step 5: Then, confirm your mobile number and click Text me a code button to get a verification code.
Step 6: Enter the verification code in the message, and click on Verify button.
Step 7: You can now use your new Yahoo account to sign in and access the Yahoo services.
You’ll just need to click on Let’s get started button.