Yahoo mail sign in is a basic procedure that will get you to your Yahoo or Ymail account. You can sign in to your Yahoo mail using your Yahoo, Ymail or Rocketmail username and password. Though Ymail and Rocketmail usernames are no longer available to sign up with, you can use the @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com accounts (if you have one) as any other @yahoo.com accounts.
You can get a free Yahoo mail account if you don’t have one already and become a part of large Yahoo community.
This article includes Yahoo mail sign in procedure for PC/Mac as well as for mobile devices.
Yahoo mail sign in for PC/Mac:
- Open a new browser or a new browser tab (Ctrl+N) and enter yahoomail.com or www.ymail.com in the address bar.
- If somebody is already signed in, you’ll need to sign them out before you can sign in to your Yahoo account. Or use a different or incognito (Ctrl+Shift+N) browser.
To sign out:
- Hover your mouse over the user image/name.
- Then, click on the Sign out option.
- In the login page, enter your Yahoo username (Yahoo email address) in the empty field.
- Make sure that you enter full email address, especially if you have a @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com email address.
- For @yahoo.com email addresses, you can either enter full address, or you can just enter the username before @ symbol.
- Leave the ‘Stay signed in’ option checked only if you are signing in from a personal device.
- This will not sign you out even if you close the browser (unless you are on Incognito mode).
- To sign out, you’ll need to perform the procedure manually.
- If you are on a public device, make sure you uncheck the option.
- Click on Next button to proceed.
- If the email you have entered is valid, you’ll be forwarded to next page.
- In the next page, enter your Yahoo password.
- Then, click on the Sign in button to complete your Yahoo mail sign in procedure.
- If you have difficulty signing in to your Yahoo mail account, and that you land on the same Yahoo login page with error message, try again by entering your username and password carefully.
- If the problem persists, click on the ‘Need help?‘ or ‘Forgot password?‘ link and follow the instructions to regain access to your Ymail account. Then, try Yahoo mail sign in procedure again.
Yahoo mail sign in for mobile devices:
- Tap on Yahoo Mail app in your mobile device.
If you don’t have the app in your device, you can download it from App Store (for iOS) or Play Store (for Android).
- Enter your Yahoo mail username and password in the respective fields.
- Then, tap on Sign in
- You can use the ‘Can’t access your account?’ link as described above.