YMail, short for Yahoo Mail, is the alternative extension (after ‘@’ symbol in emails) that was once available to sign up with; @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com emails have been discontinued. Nonetheless, those with @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com emails can still use them as any other Yahoo account. Ymail registration, at present, only allows to sign up for a standard @yahoo.com emails or country specific emails, such as @yahoo.co.uk.
This article will describe the Ymail sign up procedure in simplest way.
Steps for Ymail Registration:
- To begin the procedure, open any web browser, such a Google Chrome, in your device.
- In the address bar type in any one of the following URLs:
- In the Yahoo Mail login screen, click on the “Sign up” (as in the image below) link at the bottom-right corner.
This will take you to the “Yahoo Sign Up” page.
- Yahoo Sign Up page is like any other online form in which requires your information filled in for Ymail register.
Start by entering your First and Last Names.
- Next, choose a username (part of your email before ‘@’ symbol). You can include lowercase letters, number(s), period and/or underscore symbol in your username.
- In the next field, create a password for your email. You can include letters (both lower and uppercase), number(s) and symbol(s), and length between 8 and 30 characters long.
- After that, enter your Mobile Number. This will be required to verify your Ymail registration. Also, this number can also be used to recover your Yahoo account if in case you forget your login information.
- Then, select your Birthdate and Gender.
- You can leave the “Optional recovery number” empty. Filling up this information might come in handy in case you no longer have access to the mobile number you have filled above.
- Click on Create Account button to save changes and proceed through Ymail registration.
- In the next page, type in the CAPTCHA letters to verify you are not a bot, and click on Submit Code.
- Next, check your Mobile number and click on Send SMS button to get a verification code to your phone.
- Enter the verification code you receive in the next page, and click on Continue.
- Congratulations, you have completed Ymail sign up procedure. You can sign in with this email to enjoy all the features offered by Yahoo.