Ymail, in the first instant, any one could think of, is short for Yahoo mail, same as Gmail for Google Mail. And, indeed Ymail is, or was, an alternate form for Yahoo mail service. “Was” because Yahoo discontinued the option to create a @ymail.com email addresses, and “is” because the email addresses that were created, when it was available, sometime between 2008 and 2013, still function par to any other Yahoo email accounts.
So, Ymail is just a fancy alternate ending or domain for a Yahoo email address, which is no longer available. Ymail, now, is just a synonym for Yahoo mail. And, it is always free to create a Yahoo! account, which is fast and reliable for your work. You can easily login to your Yahoo! account from any part of the world. Ymail email not only provides email services but also can be used for subscription of various news, sports, or other channels you like.
This article will be on how you can join and use Ymail. Scroll down to find out more.
How to sign in to Ymail email:
Step 1: Open your web browser.
Any browser available in your system will work fine.
Step 2: Go to Ymail login page using the following web-address:
Step 3: Enter your username (Yahoo mail email ID) into the provided field.
Step 4: Leave the “Stay signed in” option checked to easily login to your Yamil account in the future.
- Always uncheck this option if you’re logging in from devices other than your own.
Step 5: Then, click on Next button.
Step 6: Enter your password in the text-box, and click on Sign in button.
- If the details you have entered are correct, you’ll be directed to your Inbox page.
- Ymail email login will not work if you mess up your username or password.
How to sign up to Ymail email:
Step 1: Open Ymail login page from your web browser using one of the sites mentioned above.
Step 2: Click on Sign up button to register for a new Yahoo account.
Step 3: In the Yahoo Sign Up page, fill up the form with necessary details:
- First and Last Name: These can be your actual name, or any name you like.
- Keep in mind that you will be able to change your name, but changing your nickname in Yahoo, which is usually your first name, will not be an option.
- Email address: Choose a username for your Yahoo account, which followed by @yahoo.com will be your Yahoo email address.
- Your email username can only contain lowercase letters, numbers and some symbol (period and underscore)
- Password: Create a strong password to protect your account from misuse.
A strong password has a combination of:
- Lowercase and uppercase letters
- at least one number
- at least one symbol
- Phone number: Select your Country code and enter your mobile phone number into the space provided.
- This number will be required to recover your Yahoo account when necessary.
- Birthday: This step is self explanatory. Just select your Birth month, day and year.
- Gender: Select one from the drop-down option. However, specifying your gender is no longer required.
Step 4: Once you have filled up the on-line form, click on Continue button.
Step 5: Check your phone number and click on Text me a code button.
Step 6: Check message in your phone and enter the verification code into the field provided.Step 7: Click on the Lets get started button. And, you are a proud owned of a Yahoo mail account. Congratulations!