Yahoo messenger one of the popular Instant Messaging application. You can chat, make voice or video calls over internet, send files, listen to free or paid Internet radio services, etc. using Yahoo Messenger. You can download Yahoo Messenger for different operating systems from Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS to Symbian and Blackberry OS.
Then, all you need is a Yahoo ID to log in to the Yahoo messenger. Yahoo’s extended IDs , Ymail and Rocketmail, can also be used to login to Yahoo messenger. And, if you don’t have one, you can create a Yahoo account for free. However, signing up with @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com extensions are no longer available.
To download Yahoo Messenger in PC and Mac:
- From a web-browser, go to ‘http://www.messenger.yahoo.com’.
- On the page you just opened, click on Download Now.
The download should start automatically. If it doesn’t, you’ll find a page on the bottom of which you’ll find ‘Trouble downloading Yahoo! Messenger? Click here to try again’. Click the blue link and your download should start now.
- If you’re asked to save the setup file instead, save it like any other file you’d save in your computer.
- After the Yahoo Messenger download is complete, open the downloaded file and run setup to install Yahoo Messenger.
- You can now open Yahoo messenger, sign in with your Yahoo username and password.
To download Yahoo messenger in mobile devices:
If you are using a mobile device which runs on android or iOS, here is a simple procedure to download Yahoo messenger:
- Open Play Store (in Android) or App Store (in iOS) app.
- Tap on the Search
- Type in ‘Yahoo Messenger’ and tap Search.
- In the search result, look for app with the full ‘Yahoo Messenger’ name by Yahoo.
- Tap on Install
- Android users need to Accept the terms.
iOS users may need to enter their Apple ID password.
- The download will start automatically followed by installation of the app.
Yahoo messenger is an instant messaging client which was originally launched under the name Yahoo Pager on March 9, 1998. Yahoo messenger is free of charge and can be used with generic Yahoo ID. Using Yahoo messenger you can get access to many features such as free calls, voicemail, video chat, Yahoo chat, Yahoo music radio and also play games.
You can now use Yahoo messenger to find friends who are already in messenger and also invite friends who use other social sites such as Hotmail, Gmail, etc. You can also post and share status and pictures with people around the world who use Yahoo, Facebook and other web services.
Yahoo messenger also allows you to chat with friends who use Yahoo messenger and also enjoy high quality video chat on Yahoo messenger. For Yahoo messenger download please follow the steps given below.
Yahoo Messenger download for PC and Mac:
- Check your internet connection and open your web browser, or a new tab in this browser.
- Go to the site messenger.yahoo.com and wait for the page to load.
- After the page loads click on Download Now.
- Then a new windows will open where you can browse the desired location to download yahoo messenger.
- Select a desired location and click on Save for Yahoo messenger download.
- After the download is complete open the installation file and follow the instruction as mentioned in the application.
- Now, you have successfully performed Yahoo messenger download and you can now use Yahoo messenger by signing in to your Yahoo account.
Yahoo messenger download for Android:
- First make sure that you are connected to an internet connection and open Google Play Store.
- On the search bar located on the top search for Yahoo Messenger.
- Select and application of your choice and tap on Install.
- Then a new window will open where you tap on Accept located on the bottom right corner of the window and wait for the application to download and install.
- To use the app, you’ll need to perform Yahoo mobile sign in.