You may be wondering what is Ymail email after all. And, how you could get one. Well, Ymail is short for Yahoo mail, and Ymail email is nothing but Yahoomail email service. And, with one Ymail email account, you can not only send or receive emails, but also you can enjoy many more free features offered by Yahoo!, such as Yahoo News, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Answers, and so forth.
Ymail is one of the domains, or email extensions (@ymail.com), owned by Yahoo. So, Ymail also gets all the functionality offered to any Yahoo email accounts. However, Yahoo no longer offers @ymail.com email addresses to sign up with.
To know more about what is Ymail email, please continue reading. We’ll guide you how you can join the Ymail community, and become a part of it.
If you are still confused what is Ymail email, please write to us in the comment section below, and we’ll be happy to help.
How to get Ymail Email?
If you’re looking for answer to this, I have a bad news for you. Yahoo discontinued Ymail sign up sometimes in 2013, I think. Nevertheless, you can always register for a Yahoo account with standard @yahoo.com extension or a country specific email, such as @yahoo.co.uk for Yahoo UK. The procedure for Yahoo sign up has been described below in steps:
Step 2: Go to www.yahoomail.com by entering the address in the address-bar of the browser, or by simply clicking the link.
Step 3: At the bottom (right) of your page, you’ll find a Sign up link. Click on it to proceed through Ymail sign up.
- You’ll be directed to Yahoo Sign up page immediately.
Step 4: Now, fill up the form with required details.
- Enter your First and Last Names.
- Choose a Username for your Yahoo account.
- e.g. albert.einstein341
- This username followed by @yahoo.com will be your Yahoo email ID.
- Unfortunately, @ymail.com emails are no longer available for sign up.
- Then, enter a password for your account.
- Your password must contain:
- more than 8 characters.
- at least 1 uppercase letter
- at least 1 number and/or symbol
- Use the Show option to the right of the password field to view the characters.
- Your password must contain:
- Next, choose your Country code, and enter your Mobile phone number into the respective spaces.
- After that, select your Birth month, day, and Year.
- Select your Gender if you like.
- This field is optional.
Step 5: Finally, recheck your information and click on Continue button to proceed.
Step 6: Now, you’ll need to verify your phone number.
- Check and confirm your mobile number and click on Text me a code or Call me with a code option, whichever you prefer.
- You’ll immediately receive a text/call with a verification code.
- Enter the code you receive into the space provided and click on Verify button.
- If you did not receive the code use the Re-send link above the “Verify” button, to get a new code.
Step 7: You have successfully created a new Yahoo account. Click on the Let’s get started button to continue to your Yahoo Inbox.
How to login to Ymail Email?
Step 1: Open any Internet browser, and go to www.ymail.com
Step 2: In the Yahoo mail login page that opens, enter your Yahoo email username followed by proper email extension, such as @yahoo.com, @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com, whichever you had signed up with.
Step 3: Take care of the Stay signed in option, especially if you are on a shared device.
- If you are on a personal device, you can leave the option selected.
- This will ease your future Ymail logins.
- If you are on a shared device, always remember to uncheck this option before you continue.
Step 4: Click on Next button to continue through sign in.
Step 5: In the next page, enter your Yahoo password into the space provided.
- Since passwords are hidden and case sensitive, make sure you type in the characters correctly.
- If you have trouble logging in, use the Forgot password? link
Step 6: Finally, click on Sign in button to complete the login procedure.