Yahoo! Mail is one of the popular email services. Yahoomail.com offers two types of email service – Free version and Business version. In the free version, you are provided with 1 TB email storage space, whereas for the Yahoo Business version, you will get unlimited mail storage facility. You can send/receive emails to/from any webmail account, and can also attach various files to your email using this service. You have to pay certain amount to Yahoo to use the Yahoo Small Business. To use both the services, Yahoo sign in is required, which, however, is same in the either case.
This procedure also works for Ymail, Rocketmail and other country based email sign in.
Following is the procedure for Yahoo sign in:
- Open an Internet browser in your computer, such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or any other that you have.
- In the web browser, go to Yahoo sign in page at ymail.com or mail.yahoo.com.
- On the right side of the page you’ll find the login box. You’ll need to enter your Yahoo ID (your Yahoo email) in the empty field.
- Uncheck the ‘Stay signed in’ option if you are on a shared device.
- After entering a registered Yahoo ID, click on Next button.
- In the next page, enter your password in the space provided.
- Finally , click on the Sign In button just below to complete Yahoo sign in process.
- If you find any problem while signing in, or if the Yahoo sign in process is not successful for multiple times, use the Forgot password? link just below ‘Sign In’ button to regain access to your account.
To create a new Yahoo account:
To login, you’ll first need an account in Yahoo mail. The process to sign up for a new Yahoo account is given below. However, you can only sign up for a @yahoo.com account; @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com emails are no longer available to sign up with.
- Open the link ymail.com in your web browser.
- You’ll find “Sign up” link in the login box at the right side of your screen. Click on that link.
- Fill up the online form provided in your screen. Enter the required personal details in the respective fields, such as your name, mobile number, birth date, and optional recovery number.
- Choose a username, which will be your Yahoo ID, for your account. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then, Create a password to protect your account.
- It is recommended that your password includes upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols.
- After filling up the online form, click on the Create account button at the bottom of the page.
- After creating a new account, you can use it for Yahoo sign in. Then, you can send and receive emails and messages.
If you do not use your Yahoo mail account for more than a year, your account may expire. However, even though it is possible to reactivate your account, all your data stored in your account will not be restored or recovered.