Yahoo! is one of the oldest names in the web world. It is known globally for its web-portal, search engine, and related services, including Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Answers, and so forth. According to third-party web analytics providers, Yahoo! is the highest-read news and media website; roughly 700 million people visit Yahoo website every month. You’ll need to perform sign in Yahoo to enjoy most of the Yahoo services.
A valid Yahoo, Ymail or Rocketmail account is the prerequisite for sign in Yahoo procedure. You’ll need the username and password to be able to sign in. However, if you don’t have a Yahoo account, you can always create one for yourself, and it is free to register. However, @yahoo.com is the only username available to sign up with. Scroll down to view the Yahoo sign up procedures.
How to perform sign in Yahoo?
- First, open a web browser, or a new tab in this browser, and go to www.yahoo.com
- Once the page loads, click on the Sign in button at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the Yahoo sign in page, enter your Yahoo username (e.g. example.username42) in the first field. @yahoo.com suffix is generally not necessary.
In case you have a Ymail or Rocketmail account, you’ll need to enter full email address including the part after @ symbol.
- Then, enter the password for your username in the next field. Make sure you enter your password correctly. Keep in mind that your password is case sensitive.
- Uncheck the ‘Keep me signed in’ option if you are on a public device. Leaving the option checked will keep you signed in even if you close the browser, unless you perform manual sign out, or if you are using incognito mode of the browser.
- Then, click on the Sign in button to complete sign in Yahoo.
- If the sign in fails with an error message, you must have entered your username and/or password incorrectly. Try signing in again by entering your username and password carefully and correctly.
- If sign in Yahoo fails after several attempts, use the ‘Can’t access your account’ link below the Sign in button. Then, follow the instructions and enter the required details to recover your account.
To create a new Yahoo account:
To create an Ymail account is very easy and simple. Follow the procedure below to sign up to Yahoo for free.
- As above, open a browser, and go to yahoo.com
- Hover your mouse over the Sign in link at the top right corner of the page.
- In the drop-down, click the Sign up.
If you clicked the Sign in link, in the Yahoo mail login page, click on “Sign up for a new account” link.
- In the Yahoo registration page, you’ll need to enter your personal details asked for, such as Name, Birthdate, Gender, etc.
- Username will be your Yahoo! address. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
@yahoo.com is the only available domain to sign up with.
- Then, create a strong Password, which includes letters, numbers and symbols, for your account.
- Finally, click on Create Account button and you are all set.
- Then, you can use the Yahoo! address you just created to sign in Yahoo to your account.