Yahoo messenger one of the popular Instant Messaging application. You can chat, make voice or video calls over internet, send files, listen to free or paid Internet radio services, etc. using Yahoo Messenger. You can download Yahoo Messenger for different operating systems from Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS to Symbian and Blackberry OS.
Then, all you need is a Yahoo ID to log in to the Yahoo messenger. Yahoo’s extended IDs , Ymail and Rocketmail, can also be used to login to Yahoo messenger. And, if you don’t have one, you can create a Yahoo account for free. However, signing up with @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com extensions are no longer available.
To download Yahoo Messenger in PC and Mac:
- From a web-browser, go to ‘http://www.messenger.yahoo.com’.
- On the page you just opened, click on Download Now.
The download should start automatically. If it doesn’t, you’ll find a page on the bottom of which you’ll find ‘Trouble downloading Yahoo! Messenger? Click here to try again’. Click the blue link and your download should start now.
- If you’re asked to save the setup file instead, save it like any other file you’d save in your computer.
- After the Yahoo Messenger download is complete, open the downloaded file and run setup to install Yahoo Messenger.
- You can now open Yahoo messenger, sign in with your Yahoo username and password.
To download Yahoo messenger in mobile devices:
If you are using a mobile device which runs on android or iOS, here is a simple procedure to download Yahoo messenger:
- Open Play Store (in Android) or App Store (in iOS) app.
- Tap on the Search
- Type in ‘Yahoo Messenger’ and tap Search.
- In the search result, look for app with the full ‘Yahoo Messenger’ name by Yahoo.
- Tap on Install
- Android users need to Accept the terms.
iOS users may need to enter their Apple ID password.
- The download will start automatically followed by installation of the app.