Ymail, now discontinued, is an web mail service provided by Yahoo. To create Ymail account is to sign up for a new Yahoo account. However, the @ymail.com ID extension is not available to sign up with any more. You can sign up for a @yahoo.com email address or a country based email address, such as @yahoo.co.uk. The latter would require going through the country specific Yahoo page.
In case you have a Ymail email address, you can sign in using the account like any other Yahoo account.
It is free to create Ymail account, unless it is a Yahoo small business email you are looking for. The latter will cost you money to set up. A Ymail sign up procedure has been described below.
Steps to create Ymail account:
- Use any web browser available in your device, or a new tab in this browser, and go to www.ymail.com, or www.yahoomail.com.
You should be directed to the Yahoo login page, unless somebody else is already signed in. In the latter case:
- Sign the user out and repeat the procedure from step 1, or
- repeat the procedure from step 1 using different browser, or an incognito window.
- Click on the “Sign up” link at the bottom right corner of the page. This will take you to the “Yahoo Sign Up” page.
- Now, you’ll need to fill up the required information into the respective boxes like any other forms. Begin by entering your First and Last Names.
- Next, choose your username, which is a crucial part in create Ymail account.
In case you want a country based email address, click on the language at the top right corner as in the image above. Then, click on the @yahoo.com to get alternative email address to sign up with.
- After that, create a strong password for your email. Your password must be between 8 and 30 characters in length and should include letters (upper and lowercase), numbers and symbols.
- Then, enter you Mobile number, Birthday, and select Gender in the specified area.
- Optional recovery number and Relationship can be left empty. However, entering these values will come in handy if you ever forget the login credentials.
- Finally, click on the “Create account” button and the create Ymail account procedure is complete.
- After that, type in the CAPTCHA verification code and click Submit code button.
- Click on Send SMS button, and you’ll receive a 4 digit verification code in your mobile phone.
- Type in the verification code and click on Submit code button.
- Now, you can use the new email to perform Ymail sign in and enjoy Yahoo features.