Yahoo Mail is a free web portal of Yahoo! Inc., a US based multinational company that has it’s headquarter in Sunnyvale, and has billions of users across the globe. There are also various features of Yahoo like Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Search Engine, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Groups and so forth, and to get access to all of these products you’ll need a Yahoo account, even though some services don’t require one. In case you don’t have one, you can always create Yahoo account free of charge.
Creating a new Yahoo account is very simple and easy and should not take more than 10 minutes of your time. To create a new account, you’ll need to fill up an online sign up form. The detailed step to create Yahoo account is described below.
Steps to create Yahoo account:
- You can also visit country based Yahoo pages, such as www.yahoo.co.uk, www.sg.yahoo.com, or any other, and click on the Sign In link at the top-right corner.
Step 2: In the Yahoo login page, you’ll find “Sign up” link at the bottom-right side, as in the image below. Click on the link.
Step 3: In the “Sign up” page, you’ll need to fill up the required personal details in order to create Yahoo account.
- Begin by entering your First and Last names.
- Choose a Yahoo username, which followed by @yahoo.com will be your Yahoo email address, also called your Yahoo ID.
- Your username can include letters (all lowercase, not case sensitive), numbers and symbols. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- @yahoo.com is the only available domain you can sign up with; signing up with @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com is no longer supported. Nonetheless, if you are on a country based Yahoo mail, you can choose to sign up with country based email (e.g. email@example.com).
- If the username that you want is not available, you can take up a suggested username or improvise your desired username with symbols and numbers.
- Then, create a Password for your Yahoo ID.
- It is recommended that your password include uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols to make it a strong one.
- Also, your password should be 8 to 30 characters long.
- The strength of your password will be shown as a color indicator line below the password field. Blue indicates a strong password.
- Then, select the Country code and enter your Mobile number in the next field.
- After that, select your Birthday – Month, Day and Year.
- Next, Select your Gender.
- This is now optional.
Step 4: Finally, click on the Continue button to create Yahoo account.
Step 5: If prompted, type in the CAPTCHA verification code and click Submit code button.
Step 6: Click on Text me a code button and a verification code will be sent to your
- Alternatively, you can choose to get the code via a automated call. Click on Call me with a code link for this option.
Step 7: Enter the verification code and click on Verify button.
Step 8: You can now use your new Yahoo ID to sign in and enjoy Yahoo services.