SBC, short for, Southwestern Bell Corporation, now part of AT&T, is one of the biggest telecommunication companies in US. SBC collaborated with Yahoo email to provide advance services to its users. SBC Yahoo email is the web mail service the SBC customers get from an SBC/ATT email account via Yahoo’s email system. Even though Yahoo accounts are free, SBC Yahoo accounts are not. You have to be an AT&T customer to use SBC Yahoo services. This article gives an overview about the steps for SBC Yahoo login.
SBC Yahoo login steps :
SBC Yahoo login is essentially ATT Yahoo login. However, There are certain differences in the email address you can use to login.
- In a web browser, enter www.att.net in the address bar. This will take you to the AT&T website. You’ll notice that you have been directed to att.yahoo.com webpage.
- Click the Mail buttons, either in the blue bar at the top left, or the link at the top right. Clicking Sign in will also take you to the same login page as the Mail buttons would.
- Once in the SBC Yahoo login page, enter you valid SBC global email address with full address as @sbcglobal.com. The @sbcglobal.com is necessary for SBC Yahoo login.
You can also use your ATT or SBC Yahoo login address or User ID such as:firstname.lastname@example.org
- After that, enter the password for your SBC global email account in the next field.
- Once you have entered both your email ID and password correctly click on the Sign In button to complete SBC Yahoo login.
- Then, you can send or check your SBC global emails with your existing yahoo email service.
- If you wish not to log in to yahoo page, you can also enter from my.att.net or dsl.sbc.yahoo.com
- For first time users of SBC email account at Yahoo login page, there’re certain settings that need to be managed for easier process. Here are the few tips to manage your setting:
- First, open your email client program which you’ll find in your device.
- From the particular loaded client find out the mail account setting box.
- After that, change the incoming (POP) server to pop.att.yaho00.com and the outgoing (SMTP) server to smtp.att.yahoo.com
- Once the processes are complete, you can select the option labeled as ‘USE’, which is an encrypted connection (SSL).